The Cost of Hail Repair & The Steps to Take After the Storm
Your vehicle has been damaged in a hailstorm. Before you start looking for a place to get it fixed, you want to know how much it costs to get it repaired. Starting with a good average cost to repair will help you decipher between a fair estimate and an outrageous proposition.
Where Do I Start?
The best place to start, before contacting anyone for an estimate, is in your driveway. You should begin by doing a thorough visual examination of the entire vehicle. The best way to see hail dents is to make sure the vehicle is parked in the shade or in your garage and that the car is clean. This goes double when you own a white, silver or light gray car.
What you will need: Your cell phone to take pictures, something to write with and some paper.
1. Start with the top facing panels. These include your roof, hood, and trunk. Observe the panel from a top view and then from the side. Fix your eye right at the surface and count the dents you see. Do this for all top facing panels and make note of the number of dents you can see. Make sure to list the number of dents per panel category. For instance, hood – 10, trunk -12, Roof – 8.
2. Move on to the side facing panels. These include your side doors and front & back quarter panels. Follow the same procedure as you did in step one.
3. Take pictures of the damage. Use your cell phone camera or digital camera to shoot pictures of every panel. Take a picture facing the panel and also at an angle. You won’t be able to photograph all of the damage but you will have visual documentation.
4. File a hail damage claim with your insurance provider. You can file online or by phone. You can find this information on the back of your insurance card or on their website. Your insurance company will ask for the date of the occurrence, your insurance policy number, address, and phone number. They will assign you to a local claims adjuster that will call you to begin the hail damage assessment appointment. After you have scheduled a time for the adjuster to come inspect your vehicle for hail damage, make sure your vehicle is in the shade and clean. Remember, insurance adjusters will regularly miss 30-45% of the actual hail damage dents. When they come out to see you, they will not bring any special equipment or lighting to help them locate all of the damage. If they tell you that you have $500 worth of damage, more than likely – you have $1,500 – $2,000 worth of damage.
5. Schedule hail damage inspection with Dent Headquarters. If you live in Plano, McKinney, Little Elm, or Richardson – give us a call at (214) 289-6792 for a complimentary hail dent damage inspection. Inspections usually take less than 30 minutes and you will get a 100% accurate account of all of the dent damage on your vehicle. We will give you a comprehensive estimate that includes how many dents you have, where they are, and how much it will cost to repair the damage. If the insurance adjuster has missed any damage, we will work with your insurance company to get a supplement to repair ALL of the damage.
6. Bring your vehicle in for repairs. Find a reputable paintless dent removal shop near you or call Dent Headquarters of Plano, TX. You can also schedule online. Repair times average 2-5 days, depending on the amount of damage your car has. We will put you in a Dent Headquarters loaner vehicle while you wait at no cost to you. We will also cover the cost of your insurance deductible.
Average Auto Hail Damage Repair Cost
The first expense you will need to consider is the cost of your deductible. The Texas average comprehensive deductible obligation is $500. If this cost is concerning and has you questioning your need for paintless dent repair, don’t let it. Dent Headquarters have been covering customer deductibles for over a decade. In the end, auto hail repair in Plano will not cost you a dime.
The cost of hail damage repairs depends on the amount of hail damage, the location of the dents, and the dent size. Small dents can be removed for $35-$45. Medium sized dents cost $40-$55 per repair, and large dents cost $75-$85 per repair.
The national average cost of hail damage repair after a hailstorm is $2,500.
Things to Consider
Keep in mind the different benefits that each shop offers like our written Lifetime Warranty because it adds extra value to the paintless dent repair services we offer. Make sure you ask if they are a local Plano, TX PDR shop like Dent Headquarters or a shop that travels from hailstorm to hailstorm. If a traveling shop offers a Lifetime Warranty, you want to make sure they will be around to address any issues you have after the repairs.
Another thing to consider is the accessibility of a rental car while you are waiting for your vehicle to be repaired. In the event of a hailstorm at a catastrophe level, such as widespread damage in a specific area or cities, car rental agencies oftentimes don’t have rentals available. This can be disruptive to one’s daily routine and ultimately cause a vehicle owner to forgo the repairs they need to retain the value of their vehicle. Dent Headquarters makes sure you get in the rental you need for the entire time your vehicle is in our shop. We will also take care of any expense associated with that rental if your insurance company does not pay for rental coverage.
Have Experts Do the Repair Work for You
Dent Headquarters is here to repair your vehicle quickly and professionally. We take customer service and paintless dent repair very seriously. We’ll have your vehicle looking as good as new and make sure you are completely satisfied with your experience.